Personal leadership includes an understanding of a balanced approach in all areas of life. Your personal resources are limited and valuable. In order to achieve the things you want and maintain them, you must effectively manage your time to balance both your needs and your responsibilities. In order to accomplish this, it is important to make a concerted effort to minimize stress and participate in enjoyable and refreshing diversions daily, weekly, and annually.
Tips to Keep a Healthy Life Balance
Are you on the verge of becoming a workaholic? Here are some ideas to help you strike a balance:
- Take short breaks throughout the day to clear your head. Spend this time thinking of enjoyable activities (no work)!
- Take your scheduled lunch break. Use this time to take a walk or a short drive to change your environment for awhile.
- Take a vacation or “staycation” regularly.
- Reserve one day a week for purposes other than work.
- Be aware of your body’s warning signs of stress. These can include ongoing anxiety, a tense jaw, a stiff neck, an overwhelmed feeling, or headaches. Take small breaks when these symptoms occur.
- Learn to delegate whenever possible.
- Don’t be afraid to say “no” to requests that aren’t important or urgent, especially if you are already feeling overwhelmed.
- Spend some quality time with family, friends, and nature.
- Exercise regularly. It has both mental and physical benefits.
Good personal leadership also involves the ability to recognize when you need professional help to deal with an addiction or obsession that is controlling your life. Like an imbalanced tire on your car, these types of situations can cause uneven wear or even a “blowout” in your life. Set aside time during the each day and at least one day per week to allow yourself time to relax and reset. You will be a better leader for it.
Leadership Excellence is committed to providing leadership training to individuals and organizations. Whether you are interested in personal life coaching, business coaching, sales strategies, effective communication techniques, team building /staff development training, personal productivity or time management, we have a personalized approach to get you real results. Learn more about our professional leadership training services here or get a REQUEST A QUOTE/GET MORE INFORMATION ONLINE.